ON THE MOBILE APP, CLICK THE PLUS SIGN AT THE TOP RIGHT TO SEE THE MENU.
Please send your GCA photos to: Photos@GCAFrisco.org
We need photos for the yearbook and announcement slides. Please send photos of any events you have recorded this school year to: Photos@GCAFrisco.org. We would greatly appreciate it!
Required attendance for teachers:
- All staff meetings, in-service, out-service, teacher training dates
- Parent-teacher conferences and training sessions
- Christmas and Spring performances
- All fund-raising events
- One each of: Eagle Preview*, Eagle 101, field trip, sporting event (Exception: Teachers who work a half day or less should attend one total of these four events on this last line.)
Absences or Tardy Arrivals
- Do not mark anyone "present;" just leave that blank. The blank tells us they were in class.
- Always mark a student "unexcused" in Renweb if tardy or absent. The front desk will make determination on excused tardies and absences. (There is an excused absence form on "The Nest" for parents and under our "forms and resources" tab to fill out.)
- If a student is tardy to class, please send him or her to the front desk to obtain an admission slip to class. Students who are tardy must serve a 10-minute detention after school the same day, unless it causes a hardship for the parent; then they will serve their detention the next day.
Guidelines for Kitchen/Teacher Workroom
- No student use of the kitchen (even staff children)
- No student use of the copier in the teacher workroom for personal homework
- Please have your lesson plans done by Thursday night for the following week
- Please remember that once the week begins your lesson plans should not change except to remove items. Also, email your class if you are going to make any changes. Remember, Renweb is final and we want our parents to be confident in what they will be working on throughout the week.
If you did not have time to get to something during class time you have these options:
- Drop the activity or add it to a future school day the next week
- Make it optional for the parents for home day
If parents cannot see details about grades on the Progress Reports:
- Go to the Grade Book.
- Click on "options." It's the cog icon in the top right.
- Scroll down until you see "Preferences."
- Change "Web Progress Report" from "Disabled" to "Full Details."
- Remember that for English that includes separate lesson plans for grammar, writing, reading, spelling and handwriting, you need only change ELAR.
We have Upper School students in Study Hall on all days. Please talk to a student if you see him or her stepping outside the rules we have in place. It's hard for the front desk person to see everything, because she is doing so many other tasks as well. These are the rules for Study Hall, which should be applied uniformly:
- Tables are placed parallel to the exterior glass doors in the middle of the foyer, with one student per table. If a student's computer needs to be plugged in, it is acceptable to move the table closer to the wall, but the table needs to stay parallel to the exterior doors. The purpose of this placement is so that students will not be distracted by each other.
- All students should face the glass doors to the west. This is so that the Study Hall monitor (front desk person) can view their computer screens at all times.
- Computer screens should have only work related to class on them.
- Students are not allowed to use phones unless they have special permission.
- Students are not allowed to listen to music or wear headphones unless it is for class work.
- Students are not allowed to talk to each other for any reason until the last 10 minutes of each hour. They are not allowed to read books together, discuss, collaborate, etc. except for those last 10 minutes of the hour. The purpose of this is so that they will actually get their work accomplished and so that they will not disturb other students or the teachers working in the foyer.
Upper School Teachers
Tests and Projects Calendar
If you know you will have a unit test or a major project due please write it in on that day on the Google Tests and Projects calendar. If you have weekly tests or quizzes, those do not need to be put on this calendar, just the major ones.
- To get to the calendar, find the app drawer at the top right of your screen when you are signed into Google. (From mail, Docs, or any Google app)
- You will see "My calendars" on the left. Click on the Tests and Projects calendar and choose "Display only this calendar."
- Now choose the month view at the top right of the screen. Notice that every three Saturdays, the instructions appear for this calendar. You can click on them when you forget.
- On the day of your test or project due date, write the grade, subject and description. Example: 7th English test. DO NOT ENTER A TIME. We want your test/project to be recorded as an all-day event, because if someone looks at the hour-by-hour version of the calendar, they would need to scroll through the whole day to see your event.
- We should have no more than 2 tests/projects per day for the same grade and no more than 4 a week.
Make Up Tests
If a student has missed a test or needs to retake one:
- Put the unused test into the Make Up Test folder in the teacher's workroom. It's at the top in the middle of the mail slots.
- The absent student should come to the office (Little Elm room) either Tuesday or Thursday from 2-3 p.m. to request the test. Mr. Thom Smith will administer the test during his tutoring time and return it to the "Make Up Test" folder.
Teachers, please walk your class to pick up zone if it is the last class of the day for those students. If you have a class the very next hour, have any student without a waiting car return to the lobby.
Recording Final Exam Grades
Here are the instructions for entering your final exam grades into Renweb:
1. Go to "My Classroom"
2. Choose the class.
3. Choose the drop down menu choice: "Report Card Class."
4. In the upper left hand corner, where you see "time frame" there is a drop down menu, choose, "Exam 1."
5. You should enter a percentage grade for your final, out of 100% in the box that says "DISPLAY."
Your semester grade is calculated as 40% from quarter 1, 40% from quarter 2, and 20% from the final exam. Renweb does this calculation for you, however, for you to see it all calculated, you will need to load the report card from the grade book.
To load your own report card (otherwise we do it for you)
1. In classroom, open your class, Go to the "gradebook" drop down menu.
**Be sure to hit recalculate before loading.
2. In the upper right hand corner is an icon that says, "report card load."
3. Choose the current term. (T2 is quarter 2.) The previous term should already be loaded.
Guiding Verse: 1 Corinthians 3:5-9
What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, as the Lord assigned to each. I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the growth. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God who gives the growth. He who plants and he who waters are one, and each will receive his wages according to his labor. For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building.